[wplug] Switching from Ubuntu to Kubuntu

Matthew J Hughes mhues_2k at comcast.net
Tue Mar 13 12:17:20 EST 2007

Okay, so somebody knows more about this I'm sure, but why should that
stop me. It sounds like you don't want Gnome on your machine anymore? If
that is the case it seems like you should take a look thru synaptic and
actually remove it. Any component that you are sure is Gnome you can
remove until something breaks.
Or you can move your data to another partition. Maybe even do a back up.
and reinstall with the kde version of Ubuntu. Do all the updates and
reinstall your data.
Like I said earlier, I have sort have been more of the end user lately.
I am just jazzed by rythmbox giving me a tooltip of the song playing.
(Oh and that sound juicer ripped my disc to ogg is great to!Free and
Legal!!)

Matthew