[wplug] old PC games?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:26:29 EST 2007

On 3/11/07, R.E.Coutch <robert.coutch at verizon.net> wrote:
> Make sure you grab Enemy Territory (based on Return to Castle Wolfenstein)
> from ID's FTP site because it's FREE !!!!
>
> I think the address is ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com
>
> There is a mod for ET named True Combat:Elite which is also FREE.
> Go to http://www.truecombat.com
>
> I play these both almost every night.
>
> Did I mention they're free?

Wow very nice Bob. I had never come across these. One my buddies just
told me about Open Arena; technically it is a Quake 3 Arena mod but it
runs stand alone as is based on the open source game engine. I played
it, pretty good but it needs more characters, weapons, maps, etc. I
also saw there is a Freeciv game but haven't tried it though on plan
on doing so (also open source). Both these games run in Linux and
Windoze :)

Zach