[wplug] Best Buy's insanity ...

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Mar 7 08:36:52 EST 2007

> Lest we all pile on, I have shopped at Best Buy.  I think I have gotten some
> good deals there.  If I don't, I look elsewhere.  There are usually competitors
> within walking distance.
>
> I read the article Bill referenced and it strikes me as a bit phoney.  Nobody is
> being forced to shop at Best Buy.  If you get a better deal elsewhere, go
> ahead.  No store is obligated to give you any deal.  We (so far) still have a
> free market.

I agree with 90% of what you're saying.

The problem is that BB is aware of the aforementioned free market, and knows
they can't force you to shop with them.  Instead, they're trying to deceive
you in to shopping with them.

When put in perspective, deception isn't as bad coercion, but it's still not
something I'd like to have to live with.  At the least, I'd like to see it
investigated and punished so companies understand that it's not acceptable.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com