[wplug] Free Culture Organization in Pittsburgh

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:54:55 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm in the planning stages of forming a Free Culture organization here in
Pittsburgh to push for copyright reform and in support of local artists,
writers, software developers, and media activists. The organization will
most likely be affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh, but we would
like to open it up to anyone in the Pittsburgh area, and even possibly form
a joint organization with CMU. Since the Open Source movement is a large
part of establishing open access to information and media, I hope some of
you would be interested in helping out. If you are, send me a message, and
I'll add you to the mailing list. As of now, it's restricted, so you won't
have to worry about your privacy. For those of you not familiar with the
organization as a whole, this is a good resource: http://freeculture.org/

Thanks,

Max Putas
Graduate Student, Telecommunications
Systems Analyst, Graduate School of Public Health
University of Pittsburgh