[wplug] RAID performance

Mike S lists at immuneit.com
Fri Mar 2 16:26:26 EST 2007

Just to clarify some details on the machine I got my numbers from:

It is a quad core xeon (5335, I think).  MB is a Tyan GT20 B5372.

RAID 5, stripe size is 64kb.  I do see a write penalty once I get the burn
through the cache.  I didn't realize how much cache it had.

The benchmark tool I'm using on Windows limits me to 999MB for the maximum
IO test.  At that point, it slows down a bit to to an average around 110MB
write speed.  I'll figure out a way to crank up the size of the test.