[wplug] Re: SCSI compatibility -- SCSI disconnect, LVD v. SE signaling, etc...

Michael Skowvron michaels at penguincentral.org
Fri Jun 29 15:46:02 EDT 2007

> 1.  SCSI-2 protocol and device disconnect/negotiation

Perhaps you can confirm what I was told about arbitration. I was told by
someone that on a parallel SCSI channel, the devices are "serviced" (for
lack of a better word right now) in SCSI ID order. In other words, if
several disks on the chain are all ready to transfer data to the host,
the device with the lowest SCSI ID will allways win or communicate
first. On a heavily utilized SCSI bus, this can have the effect of the
lower ID devices gaining somewhat of a priority advantage of the higher
ID devices.

Michael