[wplug] Work anywhere usb HDD?

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Mon Jun 25 12:51:16 EDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:04:22 -0400
"Scott F. Kiesling" <kiesling at pitt.edu> wrote:

> I'll try to write up a howto.

I wish I had a real answer for you... but must say sounds interesting
and can not wait to see the HowTo :-)

I have a (slightly) similar case (work from home, have to go into the
office in Philly about 4 times a year).  I hate flying with the laptop,
work uses Windows XP, I prefer Linux.  I have started to use 2 USB flash
drives - one with DSL (so I can have my preferred OS) and one with
PortableApps.com so I can have my preferred email/web/apps/etc and all
the settings from any computer.

This has been a nice, DSL for a computer that I (may) be able to borrow
for the time I am in Philly, and the portable apps for when I am sitting
at someone elses computer.

I have seen some info on the PortableApps.com forum about encryption,
you might want to look there.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org