[wplug] upgrading question

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Thu Jun 14 10:25:54 EDT 2007

After trying many distros, I had chosen Redhat as the Linux I would use.
I started with RH 4. and upgraded through 8.  I then tried every FC
release up to and including FC6.  Each one gave me more problems that
the previous one.  Some of the problems are things that someone
experienced with Linux could probably fix, like no standard support of
my USB ports (SDA, etc).  They have also moved some of the mounted file
systems to an unexpected directory.  Personally if it isn't going to
work right out of the box, I really don't have time to fool with it.
Using Linux should be beyond the need to tinker with it to make it work.

Mostly the problems have been small things, like poor menu operation in
Gnome applications.  After installing some fairly simple apps on FC6 it
just locked up, and would not reboot.  After re-installing it three
times, I just trashed it and am now looking for a new distro to
standardize on.