[wplug] [wplug-announce] GUM TOMMORROW 6/9 10-2 CMU NSH 3002 - I/O and Elections

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Jun 8 12:26:30 EDT 2007

Hello,

Western PA Linux Users Group will be hosting a General Users Meeting
(GUM) featuring Linux I/O It will be held on this Saturday June 9,
2007 from 10:00am to 2:00 pm  at CMU Newell Simon Hall 3002.
During this meeting we will also be as special election for Treasurer
which is a director seat for the board.
This meeting is free and open to the general public. No RSVP required.

PLEASE NOTE THE LOCATION:
Carnegie Mellon University - Newell Simon Hall Room 3002
5000 Forbes Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Maps and directions can be found on the website
http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-location?location_id=13

GUM Topic: Linux I/O
Michael Skowvron of SGI will discuss how the Linux kernel handles data
input/output. You need not be a hard-core kernel hacker to understand the
subject -- the presentation will be appropriate for those at an
intermediate technical level.

About the nominations:
We need members to show up at this meeting so that we can have quorum in
order to vote for Treasurer of Western PA Linux Users Group. Free pizza
for this date will be given to one lucky member who shows up for the
business meeting.

Schedule as follows:
10am - 10:30am Social gathering - coffee and donuts
10:30am-11am business meeting
11am-12pm I/O talk
12pm-1pm Pizza Lunch - $5
2pm tear down

See you there!

Beth Lynn Eicher
WPLUG Vice Chair

Upcoming Events...
Sat July 14 10am-2pm GUM topic TBD CMU NSH 30002
Tues July 24 5pm-8pm Summer Slam VI McFadden's 211 North Shore Drive
Sun August 5 Annual Picnic Whitehall Synder Park