[wplug] Question vaguely involving vfat

Diana A. Clarion dclarion at fnordnet.net
Sun Jun 3 14:08:20 EDT 2007

Hi folkses,

I was wondering if anyone knew of anything in the inventory that would
allow me to specify the order in which file headers are inserted into a
vfat directory.

Here's the background:

I found a nice little MP3 player at Newegg.  Takes SD cards, cheap (big
plus), so I bought it.  One small annoyance is that it has a dime-store
vfat driver that plays them as it sees them (think ls -f).  I can, with
a little fooling around, get the files aboard the way I want them, but
it involves making a brand-new filesystem, and I'm not sure how to do
*that* outside my digital camera.  If there was a way to arrange the
file headers in the SD card's filesystem, I'd jump on the program that
implements it or write one myself, if need be.

Many much thanks,
DAC