[wplug] What do you think? a $99 computer

Sean McCune sean at redhandsoftware.com
Fri Jun 1 13:33:22 EDT 2007

>From what I've read and heard, they have the Zonbu locked down so that you
can't go and install and configure everything and anything you want on it
when you buy the $99 version with the monthly storage and backup fee.  If
you buy the $249 version without the monthly fee its unlocked and you can do
what you want (but you don't get the online storage).

Maybe their lock-down could be subverted, but I'd bet that the next online
update and storage sync session would either break or restore it to its
normal configuration and locked down state.