[wplug] What do you think? a $99 computer

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 01:24:55 EDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Matthew J Hughes <mhues_2k at comcast.net> wrote:
> What do you think for the average user?
> What do you think for yourself?
>
> $99 Zonbo computer + $12.95/mo(s3 25mb storage) + $139.99 (office
> depot-Hanns-G 19" LCD Monitor) + 12.15 (provantage-Logitech Deluxe
> Access Keyboard ) + $6.99 (PCmall.com-Belkin PS/2 Mouse with Scroll
> Wheel F8E812-PS2) * 3 years = $724.33
> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/exclusive-hands_on/22-things-to-know-about-the-99-zonbu-linux-pc-262952.php
> http://www.zonbu.com/home/
>
> -or-
>
> The $799 Dell Ubuntu system I built w/ 3 year warranty (E520N):
> Intel(r) Core™2 Duo Processor E4300 (1.8GHz, 800 FSB)

i am looking to build my own desktop and have then ship to to me and
get a good warranty
on all the components, my price range will be $400 max. Anyone know of
any good sites where i can select the  pieces i want and see the final
price (within my budget). Don't need a monitor, already got 19" CRT.
especially interested in linux friendly system, don't need MS Windows
either. i heard core duo systems generate too much heat so just single
core for me i guess.

zach