[wplug] A simple way to help fund Linux development

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 26 08:14:46 EDT 2007

Elwin Green wrote:
> Well, the Linux Fund does the actual funding when you use their new
> branded Visa card....
>
> http://www.linuxfund.org/
>
> And who knows, maybe sometime when you use it, the teller or cashier
> will ask, "What's the Linux Fund?" or "What's Linux?" or "Where can I
> get a penguin like that?" and you'll have the chance to evangelize...or
> sell them a penguin.

For those that are wondering, this is a new version of the classic
LinuxFund card that started off in 1999.  You may recall that for a
while around 2005 the LinuxFund card had issues with the rewards money
and no where to put it, those have been cleaned up and the card updated
to newer banking laws.  It's all good to go and looks like a fairly nice
modern card.  In the past they used to take applications from projects
to get the money.  The allocations were done in an open manner and
generally were about $5,000 per project for larger projects.  Not to shabby.

--Patrick