[wplug] Re: MD on atop of LVM (or LVM2's native RAID), instead of LVM on top of MD -- WAS: Install Question

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:48:16 EDT 2007

> At least having /var separate means I don't have to worry about /

> > filling up and refusing to let anyone log in, right?  Apt isn't going
> > to be in use pretty much ever on this machine.  I'm not installing
> > Synaptic, so nobody here will have any idea how to install
> > anything ;)
>
> Argumentative.  Be realistic.  ;)

My family doesn't touch the command line. If I don't give them Synaptic to
use either, they can't install anything.  OpenOffice, Firefox, and
Gaim/Pidgin is all they'll use anyway.  This is "someone's on the other
computer, so I'll use this to type my term paper" computer.  The other
computer's not good for much more either.  I think its only advantages are
that it can run the Sims and have Shockwave because it's newer and has
Windows.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169