[wplug] Makefile help

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jul 25 12:31:52 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 09:27 -0400, Patrick Wagstrom wrote:
> Autotools is not straightforward (m4?  you've got to be kidding me).
> However the autobook is really helpful and I've used it quite a bit in
> my programming and research.  I can highly recommend it.
> http://sourceware.org/autobook/

I highly recommend picking up the print version.  Having the print
version also saved my butt on a simple libtool detail when a past
client's Internet filtering was mega-anal (they blocked _any_
software-related site -- even for the embedded R&D site I was at! ;).
It's a great read and I still refer back to it (although I just use
autoconf/automake too little myself).

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com