[wplug] LUG Interest Waning?

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Jul 24 17:00:32 EDT 2007

"Brie Gordon" <brie.gordon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Flyers?

There's one available at
<http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/Image:Brochure.pdf>.

> T-shirts (I know it's geeky but if they were sweet T-shirts,
> I'd wear one)?

Can't speak to whether they are high fashion or not, but we've
got 'em at <http://www.cafepress.com/wplug>.

"Max Putas" <maxblaze at gmail.com> wrote:
} The other thing is that you really need to reach out to brand
} new users. A lot of people aren't even aware of what Linux is capable of,
} especially on the desktop.

We're trying to put together a Software Freedom Day event on
Saturday, September 15 to hand out CDs and flyers.  There's more
about this effort at
<http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/SoftwareFreedomDay>.

Also, anyone is welcome to subscribe to the wplug-plan list
<http://www.wplug.org/mailman/listinfo/wplug-plan>, where you'll
find more of this organizational-type discussion (don't be afraid,
subscribing doesn't obligate you to sign up to do anything :).

We can definitely use any help in getting the word out about WPLUG,
so anything you can do to pitch in is appreciated!