[wplug] LUG Interest Waning?

Teodorski, Chris teodorski at ppg.com
Tue Jul 24 15:52:49 EDT 2007

Bill,

I think the problem is not that the image is slanted this way or that.  I think the problem is that the image is slanted.  We aren't a beginner's organization and we aren't an expert's organization.  We are a user group that is open to all levels of experience and somehow we need to get that message out.

Maybe we are focusing our advertising attention on too many places that are "safe" (for lack of a better term).  Maybe we just need to branch out, maybe even expand our offerings, for example -- at a meeting offer 3 talks, one at the basic level, one intermediate, and one experienced.   (I know that's easier said than done).  As I type this, I realize that I'm quickly turning off-topic and heading to things that should best be discussed on -plan.

Crawling back into the shadows,

Chris