[wplug] LUG Interest Waning?

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 15:43:04 EDT 2007

Google is one of my favorite verbs, even if Google, Inc abhors that usage, but just for grins, I tried a few other search engines.

Tried "Pittsburgh Linux" on yahoo.com, and WPLUG was not on the top of the list, sadly. The same query delivers the goods on google.com.

On ask.com, "pittsburgh linux" is not sufficiently constrained, but "pittsburgh linux users group" is.

New potential customers for WPLUG may not know that "linux users group" is a common usage; many people aren't very savvy about how to narrow down their search terms.