[wplug] My distro beat up your distro (yet again, sigh) -- WAS: OS X on Linux?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 03:31:41 EDT 2007

I like Debian. I read somewhere that more businesses and .gov sites
are running Debian servers. I don't care about having a bleeding edge
Desktop but I could get one without much hassle in Debian if I wanted.
I also like the security auditing and the unparalled number of
packages available. apt is a wonderful package manager and if you
don't like CLI there are good GUI frontends like aptitude. Debian also
seems to put more thought that some distros on base configs and sane
settings. I think it's one of the smarter distros and some Debian
people get a bad rep for being elitist or unkind to newbies but I've
find if you ask sensible coherent questions and have put in some
thought there is a great support comunity whether on IRC or the
mailing lists or message board sites or raw docs.

Zach