[wplug] My distro beat up your distro (yet again, sigh) -- WAS: OS X on Linux?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Jul 22 23:07:58 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 22:48 -0400, Michael H. Semcheski wrote:
> I really appreciate this mindset.  On the one hand, I like getting
> software like nautilus setup the way I like it (List View, never Icon
> View).  On the other hand, I hate setting up my computer.  I want to
> sit down and start working, not start working on getting my computer
> setup for work.

Well, in one defense of GNOME, at least it's one set of config files.

I.e., once my home directory is exported, it works for all systems.
And I can copy my UNIX profile much easier than "that other OS."

(don't get me started on the history of NT-Win/DOS-Win user profiles ;)

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com