[wplug] OS X on Linux?

n schembr nschembr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 11:55:05 EDT 2007

It's been a few year since I tried suse or redhad  for a desktop systems.  Both Redhat and Suse have supported strong communities.  I'm not sure what there focus is.  Are they pushing for the Desktop space?

Open source has always suffers from a speed of development  problem.  Not every project  can keep up with the base system without help.    The  fast  moving  projects like compiz push the base system even faster.    Money is the only solution.  Someone has to support the developers so they can keeps up.

The system is greater then the sum of all parts.    We  stand on the shoulders of giants.

As for Apples defects, It's a marketing. I think they stand by there products as well as anyone else.  I like to have a warm fussy feeling  about a big ticket item.