[wplug] OS X on Linux?

n schembr nschembr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 10:30:05 EDT 2007

I'm not awake yet, so I'm going to start a war.....:)

This is all about a unix environment that works.  After 10 years working on linux systems I've gotten to the point that I just want it to work.   I can see why so many people want to run OSx.

Ubuntu has taken the lead with a Desktop System that just works.  I hope that canonical gets into the hardware business.  It would be fun to see them team with Wal-Mart, Toshiba, Sony or Hp on a laptop or embedded device. Yes, Wal-Mart, http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/12/news/companies/walmart_electronics/index.htm

I hope that with Apple's push into the the cell phone market that they will open up the platform and start sell  OSX  for Commodity  Hardware.

Mac Hardware sells for a premium  in a commodity  market, but it all
works out of the box.  The Mac book pro will  be one of the first
laptop with 4 core.  I can see myself shelling out the 2G to replace my
aging Toshiba.