[wplug] Problem with Linear Flash Memory Card

R.E.Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Thu Jul 19 23:53:16 EDT 2007

Hi all,

You remember Linear Flash memory, right?
I have a 4MB card retired from a Cisco router that I want to use in another
application.
Back in the old 2.4 kernel days the memory_cs module allowed use of these
cards.
In these days of the 2.6 kernel I'm having a bit of a problem.

I plug the card in and information appears in /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices but
yenta_socket doesn't identify the card and therefore loads no modules.

A search on the internet hinted toward a pcmciamtd module but this isn't in my
modules.

Anyone know what modules I want to load to get a linear flash card working?

Thanks for any help,

Bob