[wplug] OpenGL

Michael H. Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:27:17 EDT 2007

On 7/19/07, Bryan J Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> Saying "OpenGL programming" is like saying "X" programming.
> What is your application or interest?

My application involves drawing hundreds of small 3d objects, and
viewing them from different perspectives (ie, rotating and translating
them).

> Also, you may wish to write to Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL),
> instead of OpenGL directly, to maximize cross-platform/toolkit
> building if you aren't getting deep into OpenGL 2 specifics.

This is a "strawman" application.  Do it quick and dirty the first
time.  In the next iteration, I'll do it right.  But, I want to get
the basics of the UI working and let the users see what this looks
like in action.  I've already got the application working, with an
OpenGL panel and a few objects, and this is not the time to change the
underlying architecture.