[wplug] Verizon DSL opinions?

curlynoodle at gmail.com curlynoodle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:59:31 EDT 2007

Zach wrote:
> On 7/11/07, curlynoodle at gmail.com <curlynoodle at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I recommend Nauticom DSL (if available at your address).  It is
>> $40/month for
>> 3M/1.5M, included modem, static IP, email, personal web hosting, and
>> no >contract.
>
> Cool. So I can run my own web server? Can I run a game server? FTP
> server? Mail server? AFS server?

Nauticom may not give you exception to a web or FTP server as they provide these
services along with a DSL account.  They may allow a mail server, if you craft
your request well, indicating it is NOT for commercial purposes.  Game, ASF, etc
may be okay, again if you indicated it is for personal use only.

Also, apparently Verizon voice service is not required.  I would call to confirm
this and availability.

http://home.nauticom.net/res_dsl.asp

Dave