[wplug] Verizon DSL opinions?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Jul 11 21:19:32 EDT 2007

> So for $50/mo you get full cable and the internet service? We don't
> yet have regular cable TV service and it seems to be around $40/mo for
> regular cable (expanded cable or whatever they call it - I remember
> when the old TCI Cable had much better service options and pricing) so
> you are getting cable internet service for just $10 extra? That sounds
> too good to be true :) Is that a month to month price or you must sign
> contract?

 	I pay *under* $50/month for cable Internet from Comcast, which
gives me basic cable too. There isn't much TV-wise, but makes a gret combo
with MythTV -- some movies, Star Treks, plus the networks. This is a
month-to-month service, and I am not locked into a contract.

 	I actually have digital cable, but I don't use it at all. I
ordered Internet, and they gave me basic cable for $10 less than the price
of Internet -- which is strange, but nice.

 	The Internet, at 5-6Mbps downstream, is quite nice, and they don't
block any ports that I normally use. I actually run a local webserver, and
do my secondary DNS out of it to boot.

 	That being said, I hate Verizon, and even wanna cut the unused
unshielded and untwisted pairs of wires off my house, and leave them
dangling in the street. DSL is crap, and I hate it when Verizon makes any
ammount of money from anyone.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.pghwireless.net