[wplug] Comcast cable modem woes, resolved

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:02:24 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Aaron M. <pennstater at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone who has an old cable modem, I HIGHLY suggest updating to a new
> model. I did so recently, and since then I've had outstanding speed
> increases as well as a much, much more stable connection. It's well
> worth the cost if you have an old modem.
>
> Eric Cooper wrote:

> >> Did you just go and buy one?
> >>

> > Yes,, I bought it from Amazon, which had a competitive price to start
> > with, plus a $20 rebate during July.
> >

> >> If you did, how did you go about getting your account switched over
> >> to the new unit?
> >>

> > I just called customer service and told them I wanted to register a
> > new MAC address.

I called Comcast last night about my problems with their service and they
said I have two choices:

1. Schedule a tech to come out and replace my modem
2. Take my modem to the local comcast place and they will replace it for
free

Hopefully that will solve my issues.

Chris

--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin