[wplug] Verizon DSL opinions?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:00:48 EDT 2007

Just saw Verizon has a new offer [1] and it's 728 kb down / 128 kb up
ADSL for 1 year @ $14.95 a month. I read the fine print though: while
you get a free DSL modem they want you to buy a $49.99 wireless router
from them (guess Verizon has an agreement with a manufacturer to
schelp their wifi routers!), there is $20 activation fee (I've seen
other DSL offers with no such fee), and if you terminate service
within months 2-12 (I plan on moving in the autumn) you incur an $80
early termination fee. The offer itself sounds good but I'm worried
about all these add on charges. Oh and they said there is extra
charges for taxes and some other stuff.

[1] www.verizon.com/bestoffer

Zach