[wplug] Linux laptops

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jul 4 11:25:01 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 12:10 -0400, Max Putas wrote:
> A friend of mine had pretty good luck with System76
> (http://system76.com/).

Looks like they are reselling customized "bare-bone" notebook systems.

E.g., (Acer, MSI, others) ...
  http://www.msicomputer.com/NB/index.asp

I would like to go that route by default, but most of the time, the
barebones (without CPU, memory and HD) are just as expensive as the
completed model.

But the C51 models are extremely Linux compatible.  I've loaded one
personally.

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com