[wplug] unwanted messages on console?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Jul 3 23:12:14 EDT 2007

> Some applications like amsn spew TONS of explanatory messages onto my
> consone (gnome-terminal or xterm). Is there something I can put in my
> .bashrc or .bash_profile or another way to prevent these messages from
> being displayed? I only want fatal errors to be displayed.

 	You *could* modify your /etc/syslog.conf appropritely to suppress
some of those messages. Generally, I log everything to /var/log/messages
('cause I'm like that), and tail it when necessary. I prefer that to being
bombarded with console messages while I'm debugging things.

 	Syslog rocks. Logs tell all.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.pghwireless.net