[wplug] Corp Disclaimer Tags

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Jul 3 18:19:20 EDT 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 5:49 PM, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Zach wrote:
>
>> On 7/3/07, Burt E Reany <breany at csc.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to suppress this corporate paranoid verbiage? It's
>
> When you work in a firm that has these, you have to imagine the
> context of the daily detritus.
>
> You learn to choose your battles wisely and just accept that some
> executives operate under the false premise that email exists
> unilateral and that it possesses in-line QOS.

I've just written perl scripts that run in my ~/.procmailrc that
filter them out, which doesn't really solve anyone else's problem,
but it makes me happy.

Of course, I only do that for people I care about.  I have procmail
delete anyone's message with signatures/disclaimers that annoy me.  I
figure if they say anything worthwhile, someone will reply to it, and
in most cases, they delete the stupid signature/disclaimer in the
reply text.  (except for those top-posting losers! :)