[wplug] Homebrew DHCP-TFTP-DNS Appliance - any pre made distributions?

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 06:11:19 EST 2007

On 1/30/07, G.Pitman <gpitman at gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing that we are doing at work when someone wants to "try out
> something" is make a virtual machine in vmware and use an appliance if
> someone else has already put it together. Since vmware server is free now
> and the appliance list is growing it is working quite well. I havent
> installed this particular appliance but it might be worth looking at for
> you.
>

> Open Network Registrar
> http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/215

Yes, I will have to check this out.  Looks like it may be a viable option.

FWIW, I already have the hardware for this project.  More hand-me-downs..
:)

Side note, it's still possible to hack the newer WRT54G v5's that run
VxWorks.  There is a specific version of DD-WRT that's small enough to load
on it.

Thanks
Mike