[wplug] iscsi-lvm1 device inconsistancy

G.Pitman gpitman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 18:43:07 EST 2007

Hello,
I have found out the hard way that linux iscsi device mapping is pretty
consistant until it's not, and then you've got a problem.

I have 9 LVM physical volumes mounted to devices /dev/sd[c-k] and we are
running a high availability cluster under RHEL3. Upon reboot of one of the
front ends, it decided that it would switch the last two PVs so that the
data that LVM expects to find on sdj is now on sdk and mounting directories
is full of suprises. I have seen that in LVM2 you can specify volume labels
or UUIDs to solve this issue but I am unfortunately running LVM1.
any input or brainstorming is invited.