[wplug] can 2 modems share one cable line?

Jason Freshwater jdfreshwater at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:48:13 EST 2007

Douglas Green wrote:
> Hey all-
>
> I have cable internet, and would like to use my connection in the guest house in the back yard. The guest house is wired with coaxial cable, and gets cable TV. There are a lot of walls between the structures, and wireless signal will not reach that building with a single hop. I was going to set up either a wireless bridge OR use a larger antenna, when I had the idea of just installing another cable modem at the end of the coax in the guest house. Is this possible or am I better off setting up a wireless bridge?
>
> Any other ideas are appreciated!
> Thanks,

Comcast Policy on this one is in order to have two cable modems you need
separate accounts for each modem.  The reason for this is the
provisioning system that is currently used to grant the modem access to
the Internet.  It only allows one cable modem per account, so you would
have to pay for a separate account.  So you are better off setting up a
wireless bridge or something like that.

--
Jason Freshwater
jdfreshwater at yahoo.com