[wplug] laugh

esw148 at psu.edu esw148 at psu.edu
Thu Jan 25 18:01:02 EST 2007

heh, that's just to test to see if your computer can connect directly to
their service using pppoe.  If you use the router, it doesn't matter what
your computer has.  They tried telling me that it wouldn't work with linux..
as it happens, i'm using a linux router to connect directly to their service
with no problem.

About the servers, they do say that you may not run servers, and they also
block port 80 to prevent you from running a web server on that port,
however, they don't seem too strict about it.  I have a web server running
on FIOS using a different port, as well as a mail server, ftp server, and
ssh access. They've been running for a while now (i think a little less than
a year)  with no problems.

Eric