[wplug] DSL?

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Thu Jan 25 16:28:03 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----

I verified yesterday that Verizon has no
problem selling business FiOS to residential customers, so that is
probably where I am going to.

Now that is interesting.  Verizon strung the fiber down my street (Crestline
Drive in Baldwin Twp) quiet awhile ago (summer 2005?).  They sent me at
least 4 overnight letters asking me to sign up.  I asked on multiple
occasions if I could get a public, static IP, but was told that if I wanted
that I had to purchase business DSL.  That made no technical sense so maybe
their marketing people finally realized their blunder.  I guess I will check
again.