[wplug] mythtv: move recordings to another backend

Eli Heady eli.heady at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 10:58:06 EST 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 11:18, Patrick Wagstrom wrote:
> > Thanks Patrick. I'm wanting to do something more like the former (and I
> > should have detailed my setup a bit more clearly). I'm trying to move
> > recordings to a new backend that is already in use, so more like merging
> > the two. The old backend will be retired from myth service. One thing
> > that has me concerned is the two backends are operating with different
> > channel lineups.
>
> Having different channel lineups isn't that big of a deal.  Most of the
> information for the recording is stored in the recorded table.  Unlike
> older versions, Myth 0.19 and greater have the filename in the table
> too, so you don't need to worry about that.  Loosing a lineup for which
> you have recordings just makes the channels look like #2215 (which means
> at some point it was channel 215 on lineup 2, which doesn't exist
> anymore).  Of course, going ambitious, you can write a script to fix
> that.  Usually you'll just need to change the chanid by a multiple of 1000.
>
> --Patrick

Well, I decided to try nuvexport, since re-encoding might just be faster than
waiting until I have free time to explore the database and migrate stuff
myself. Nuvexport can dump relevant metadata for a recording into a .sql file
and copy the .mpg or .nuv to a directory of your choosing. This worked like a
charm. The only thing I had to do was change the hostname field to match the
new backend before I could watch the recordings on a remote frontend (they
worked on the backend without changing the hostname -- curious).

Thanks for the help Patrick.

-eli