[wplug] DSL? - Telerama and servers

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 09:53:12 EST 2007

World of Warcraft's updating service is peer-to-peer by default, therefore even
simple gamers are running servers.  This policy is an unfortunate relic, and
while it's never enforced, it's an excuse an ISP can use to yank your service
any time for any real reason they might have.  Unfortunately since people don't
read these much (nor understand them), Verizon et. al. have little incentive to
remove perfectly good legalese from their standard contract.  I ask the verizon
telemarketers who call to sell me dsl about this every time.

I spoke with a support person at Telerama last month who told me they
anticipated selling the DSL service to another company very soon, what that
means I don't know but I'll be sad to see their service go or change.

Bryon