[wplug] scrolling in firefox?

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 24 11:38:23 EST 2007

Zach wrote:
> I am running Debian (testing) and Firefox 1.5.0.7 and would like to be
> able to use Shift-UP-ARROW and Shift-DOWN-ARROW to select text in
> emails I compose as I can do in Firefox running in Windoze. However
> when I do this it switches to another virtual desktop in FVWM95
> running under GNOME.

It's a window manager issue, not a Firefox issue.  If your window
manager, in this case FVWM95, binds Shift-UP-Arrow, it will grab the
keystroke and not pass it through to the underlying application.  In
other words, you'll want to change your keybinding in FVWM95 to
something else.  Most desktops now use CTRL-ALT-Arrow to switch desktops
and I believe that most apps, as a result, do not use those key
combinations.

--Patrick