[wplug] DSL?

Christopher DeMarco cmd at alephant.net
Wed Jan 24 11:14:37 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 11:11:29AM -0500, Zach wrote:

> Thanks for the recommendation Jerome. How does having a router allow
> you to circumvent needing to setup software to get it running (like
> a ppoe client in Linux)?

Some routers include PPPoE clients -- so it's the router that
authenticates to the provider, not the systems on your LAN.

> So you've never had any connectivity downtime on your provider's
> end?  How long have you been using Speakeasy?

I've been a business customer since... March 2005-ish.  I've had a few
hiccups -- outages of less than ten minutes, but nothing worse.

http://www.dslreports.com is a good resource for comparing providers.

--
Christopher DeMarco <cmd at alephant.net>
Alephant Systems (http://alephant.net)