[wplug] DSL?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:14:02 EST 2007

On 1/24/07, Christopher DeMarco <cmd at alephant.net> wrote:

> AFAIK they don't restrict anything on a "home account"; why else would
> they give you a static IP?  If in doubt, call 'em up -- did I mention
> they've got great tech support?
>
> They're totally platform-independent, and they resell Covad, which is
> a great provider.  They can be pricier than Verizon, Nauticom et. al.,
> but I've never regretted my choice even for an instant.
>
> Highly recommended.

Cool. I've heard that Telerama also gives static ips and lets you run
services as long as you don't chew up tons of bandwidth and has
clueful tech support. Right now Speakeasy and Telerama seem very high
on my consideration list. Has anyone on the list ever used Telerama
DSL? Oh yeah what was the uptime like with their service? How frequent
were outages and how long did they last?

Zach