[wplug] DSL?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 09:06:30 EST 2007

On 1/24/07, Logan <ascii at psu.edu> wrote:

> well... they're within their rights to, but they've not noticed my
> web server in all the years I've had it, and the tech I talked to
> once said he runs a gaming server off of one of their high-speed
> plans and the Nauticom policy is to politely look away

Ah I see :) It's silly many ISPs seem to have this "no server" policy,
yet I doubt in the typical case these services would not utilize even
1/10th of the bandwidth being gobbled up by users torrenting, FTPing
video/audio etc...

You said that a static public ip is provided. I've also seen "static
routable ip" advertized on other ISPs. If one is being assigned  a
static ip for internet service doesn't that imply it will be "public
routable"? Can you run your own DNS?

Zach