[wplug] DSL?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:51:41 EST 2007

Karlos and Logan,

Regarding Nauticom residential DSL I noticed on their website it says [1]:

"Nauticom Residential DSL Subscribers agree not to host any server in
conjunction with DSL connectivity. In the event that a subscriber
attempts to host a server on the Nauticom network, without consent
from Nauticom Systems Administration and/or in the absence of a signed
Nauticom Business contract, Nauticom may suspend/terminate DSL
services and/or increase fees associated with the user's DSL agreement
without notice."

Ugh does this mean if I run my own web server or IRC server or gaming
server or mail server they will immediately terminate my account? A
lot of the appeal of getting broadband (besides the increased
bandwidth) to me would be being able to run my own services like
web/mail/etc.

Is this standard for pretty much any DSL provider to the area? If so
that is really fascist and dumb.

[1] http://home.nauticom.net/policies.asp#DSL%20Restrictions

Zach