[wplug] DSL?

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Jan 24 08:28:06 EST 2007

Rob Knapp wrote:
> Basically, they are high frequency filters so you don't hear the DSL's
> high frequency chatter on your own phone line. However, if you plug your
> DSL modem into it, then it won't be able to connect. (Thus the splitter.)

I doubt you could hear in the range that DSL modems transmit, unless
you're Superman. :) (And I doubt that Lex Luthor is going to be making
telephone calls.)  The filters are to reduce noise produced by phones,
fax machines and other telephone devices so as not to garble the
modulated analogue signal and reduce the speed and quality of the network.