[wplug] DSL?

Logan ascii at psu.edu
Wed Jan 24 08:07:37 EST 2007

> Philip: DSL does not support Linux.
> Philip: I am sorry to say you need windows 98 or higher version to
> have DSL
I've used Nauticom DSL for like 8 years now without problem.
Nauticom's nice because they don't do anything odd like PPPoE - it's
just a straight "here's your (static) IP, subnet, gateway, and DNS",
so getting it to work under Linux is a simple file edit in /etc.

They claim that you need to rent extra IPs to connect extra
computers, but I've been using a router to IP masquerade for almost
as long as we've had DSL. You may want to do something similar.

Those filters are like $10, and the ISP gives you a couple. You stick
them on the phone lines with a phone connected to them, so you don't
hear the noise from the DSL "modem" (actually a router).

-Logan