[wplug] DSL?

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:03:12 EST 2007

 > Philip: DSL does not support Linux.

> He is full of it, and most likely reading from a script.  I run Verizon
> DSL on a network with 3 linux machines and 1 windows machine.
>
> You do, however need a windows machine to get through the initial
> setup.  (You may be able to by pass this by calling verizon.)  Wine
> emulation will not work, but I imaging VMWare or something would.

I just love ignorant support reps.  You should be able to run anybodies DSL
on any operating system.  Worst case you may have to run a PPPoE client.  If
thats the case (Verizon), it may just be easier to get a cheap soho router
(Linksys WRT54G or the likes) and set it up to handle the authentication.

-Mike