[wplug] X Windows client

Michael Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Tue Jan 23 21:30:03 EST 2007

Patrick Wagstrom wrote:
> Another good option is the Cygwin X11 server, which has a rootless
> mode.  Using this mode X applications just show up as regular
> applications on your desktop and look no different.  My wife uses it
> all the time for her work without any problems.

Your wife's experience not withstanding, I really don't like the
x-client that comes with cygwin.  For me, it crashes a lot.  Its not
something I use all that regularly, but its easier for me to fire up VNC
than to fight with cygwin X11.  (Which is strange, because for
everything else, I really like cygwin.)

Just my anecdotal experience.  If I had to use it a lot, I'd probably
pay for a client.

Mike