[wplug] mythtv: move recordings to another backend

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 23 11:18:41 EST 2007

> Thanks Patrick. I'm wanting to do something more like the former (and I should
> have detailed my setup a bit more clearly). I'm trying to move recordings to
> a new backend that is already in use, so more like merging the two. The old
> backend will be retired from myth service. One thing that has me concerned is
> the two backends are operating with different channel lineups.

Having different channel lineups isn't that big of a deal.  Most of the
information for the recording is stored in the recorded table.  Unlike
older versions, Myth 0.19 and greater have the filename in the table
too, so you don't need to worry about that.  Loosing a lineup for which
you have recordings just makes the channels look like #2215 (which means
at some point it was channel 215 on lineup 2, which doesn't exist
anymore).  Of course, going ambitious, you can write a script to fix
that.  Usually you'll just need to change the chanid by a multiple of 1000.

--Patrick