[wplug] Everybody is trying to take over Linux

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Jan 22 13:30:15 EST 2007

Greg Simkins wrote:
> Am I mistaken or is everybody jumping on the Linux bandwagon to carve
> out their piece of the action?  Or is this one really committed to free
> software?

Well, the Free Standards Group (a nonprofit organization) and the Open
Source Development Lab (I think it was also nonprofit) are a lot
different than Microsoft and SuSE.  Coming together makes sense for the
two groups -- neither is trying to "Jump on the bandwagon" or "carve out
their piece of the action."  To say so is just being alarmist.

They're both great organizations doing their part to promote and further
develop Linux and open source software.  I'm glad to see they're working
together now.

Check out their web page: http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Main_Page