[wplug] TeraGrid

Cameron McBride cameron.mcbride at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 16:20:23 EST 2007

> Our PSC is on the TeraGrid [1]. Wish I could get access to such
> bandwidth and latency heh.
>
> [1] http://www.teragrid.org/

it is kind of fun.  I think the best part is you apply for a time
grant at one place, and you typically get accounts at all the
participant members - so you can browse around and try your code at
different places.

Although it's a really cool idea, I'm not sure how useful / utilized
the cross computing center aspect of it is (technically, you can run a
grid job that runs simultaneously at several centers at once).

Cameron